Video marketing is one of the most powerful marketing tools that businesses should be using in today’s world. Social network video ad spending is predicted to jump from $5.65 billion in 2017 to $14.89 billion in 2021. In this blog, we will give you our top 21 tips on how to make your video marketing project a success.
Nowadays you can create a video with your iPhone, however, optimising it for success is not as straightforward as pressing that record button. There are over a million video marketing campaigns running on the internet and probably a thousand (or, more) in almost every niche; hence, to carve out a robust video marketing campaign that gets your target audience to act takes some strategic planning and execution.
Many businesses, both big and small, take up the challenge of video marketing and fail at it miserably because they don’t know how to optimise their campaigns and achieve great results from it. If you are also facing a similar problem, read on to know some of the best ways to make your video marketing project a success.
Use these 21 ways to optimise your video marketing project for success
In our 12 years of business, we have produced over 1000 videos for businesses and brands on a national and international level. Helping them achieve their desired KPIs. Whether you are in the public sector, B2B or B2C, these tips are universal for all industries.
Here are 21 tried and tested ways that can help make your video marketing project a success –
1. The first thing to do is to give video marketing a real chance. Do not expect content marketing to change your business in its first month. This is a long game, and you must commit to a minimum of 12 months of content production and distribution.
2. Create a comprehensive video marketing strategy before you start a campaign. Your content should be planned for the entire year, ad hoc content can be included but there should be a clearly defined schedule of works.
3. Start posting regularly on all the channels that your target audience is active on. So, whether this is LinkedIn or Instagram. You need to start building a presence and community on that platform before you start putting out your own content.
4. Don’t limit yourself to one channel; try to be active on different platforms. Your target audience is likely to be active on a couple of platforms, use a social media management tool to help you manage your content distribution on several platforms.
5. Before you choose a platform, make sure it fits with your overall marketing strategy. Do the research, does your target audience actively use this platform. Know the demographics of your target audience in as much detail as possible.
6. Be authentic in your videos so that you can gain the trust of your viewers. People buy people, so whoever features in your video content should be as natural and honest as possible. Please do not try and create a persona that is not authentically you.
7. Make sure that every video you create, provides some real value to your viewers. Every single piece of content you create should have your audience in mind. What is the aim of this video? What value will this provide our target audience?
8. Don’t forget to brand your content; you can do so by simply adding a logo or ident. A little bit of branding can go a long way. The more professional you look the more professional people will assume your service or product is.
9. Make sure your content is shareable and encourage viewers to share it as well. Every share your content receives is hugely valuable, this is almost like free advertising.
10. Allow people to comment on your videos and try to reply to as many as possible. Algorithms love comments, always remember there is no such thing as bad publicity. Comment back and engage with people, even if you have some negative comments on your content.
11. Create testimonial videos with real clients. Peer recommendation is still one of the most powerful marketing tools you can use to help build the trust of your brand.
12. If you have a complex product, create video tutorials with detailed step by steps. Video is a fantastic tool to break down complex products or services.
13. Utilise your video description to attract more viewers by using SEO. Learn the power of video SEO. Google loves video, hence, why it bought YouTube for 1 billion dollars.
14. Consider creating a solid video SEO strategy to help you reap the best results. Video SEO takes a lot of work. Use a tool like VidIQ to help you get started.
15. Learn from your competition, look at the type of content they are making, see what is working, and improve your content based on the research.
16. Connect with influencers in your niche and explore the idea of collaboration. Collaborations with people who share your target audience can be a fantastic way to grow your audience.
17. Add a call-to-action to all your videos like a subscribe button or a redirect to your site.
18. Put a budget towards video advertising. YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn ads are fantastic ways of getting your content to produce a return on investment.
19. Collect data and analytics about your videos and try to recognise a pattern. Look at the drop off rate in your videos, does your content need to be tailored to make your audience more engaged?
20. Make your videos mobile friendly since most people use mobile devices only. Think about repurposing content in vertical format, and make sure you use subtitles as most people watch mobile content with the sound off.
21. Connect with a professional video marketing agency to create a campaign that can transform your business.
Connect with us at TwoFresh
If you are looking for result-oriented video marketing then connect with us at TwoFresh and let us get started on creating your next successful campaign!
Get in touch with us today to see what we can do for your business.